E*Tools

Have been checking out some of these E*tools the last couple of days and have come away pretty impressed with a good many of them. There is so much out there if you just know where to look. I am glad that I am being introduced to some of these places. The two sites that stick out the most to me were timetoast and classtools. I could really use the timetoast tool every unit. What I would like to do this with tool is create a timeline for each unit. In this time line I would put important events that we are going to cover during the unit. I feel that dates are only semi important. I feel that knowing the time frame of when the event happened is much more important then knowing the actual date. I think that this tool will help my students gain that time frame recognition. The classtools web site is loaded with a bunch of different tools for classroom use. I feel like this site is like one of that 12 in 1 utility apps that you can get on your smart phone. It has a bunch of minor apps that’s that you wouldn’t want to buy alone but coupled with other minor apps it makes it well worth your purchase. Just to hit on a few of the apps on this site… 1. name generator… I hate to pick on kids and I don’t want them to think I pick on them all the time… easy solution is the name generator… plug the kids name into the generator and it randomly picks a name… This could also be used to pick seats or groups… 2. the countdown timer… Many of my students struggle with using their time wisely.. much of this struggle could be based on having to do the math on the clock… easy solution is the countdown timer… display the timer on my projector and all the student has to do is look up to see how much time they have… 3. arcade game generator… Want to make kids more interested in learning?Make a game out of it… this website has a game generator that incorporates your own made up questions. The more questions the students answer correctly the longer they get to play! 4. Fakebook… Fakebook is a knock off of the popular Facebook that all the students have… I polled my class and 75% of them had a Facebook or something similar to it. Fakebook allows the teacher to create a fiction Facebook acountt. The account looks just like a regular facebook account… Here is an example: http://www.classtools.net/fb/30/IlZ3WR. 5. There are a number of different graphic organizers that take different shapes and forms… there are organizers that look like a cheeseburger to a fish! All in all these are two pretty awesome sites that I plan on using in my classroom

One thought on “E*Tools

1. I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Carry on the excellent works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my site :).